Thursday, February 10, 2011

Memories

I opened a tube of new face cream the other night and the smell took me immediately back to my childhood.  My paternal grandmother, Memaw, used that same brand.  I remember when I spent the night with her watching her nightly routine.  Washing her face and applying her face cream. 
One of the most important things my Memaw taught me was how to pray.  At around the age of 5 or 6, she taught me the Lord's Prayer.  I did not grow up going to church much except when my grandmothers took me so my first knowledge of God was through that prayer. 
Now that I am Memaw to three precious grandchildren I am trying to be intentional about helping them know Jesus.  Their parents are rearing them in Christian homes, but I want to leave them a legacy of memories even sweeter than my memories of my grandmothers. 
The more time I spend working on my relationship with the Lord, the stronger I get about the intentionality of sharing with others. 
Be intentional today.  Make a memory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment