Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Is In The Air

Today my thoughts are all over the place.  I know it is Valentines day.  I don't like how commercialized it has become.  More importantly I don't like the message that all my single friends get -- that you need to be part of two. 
Last year my sweet husband agreed to fixing brunch for our single friends on February 14.  You were not invited to our house unless you were single.  I really wanted them to know that they are special. 
My love language is acts of service, so when my husband agreed to cook brunch, my love tank was full.  I did not need flowers or fluff.  We wanted our friends to know how much we love and appreciate them no matter if they are single or married. 
Yesterday in church our Pastor talked about love.  Not romantic love, but a deeper love for the Body of Christ.  Do you have this love? Do you show this love to those around you? 
Today reach out to somebody that needs to know they are loved - loved by Christ and by you.

1 comment:

  1. Saint Valentine died after being imprisoned for marrying couples after it was banned. Look I pay attention in Church.
    :))

    ReplyDelete