Monday, February 7, 2011

Is Life Fair?

Sometimes I ask the question, "Is life fair?".  Recently I read a very good devotion by a friend about how wonderful her relationship with her mom is.  As I was reading this, my mind was going back to the previous week when I sat and listened to several young women talk about how strained their relationship with their mom was. 
I encouraged them to seek to work daily on their relationship with the Lord and ask His guidance on how to have a relationship with their mom.  In this "ME" society, more people are self-centered and don't know how to love unconditionally - even their own children.  I am not saying it is always easy to love unconditionally.  There was a time in my life that I did not know how to love unconditionally, but the closer I walk with the Lord, the more surprised I am at how unconditionally I love my family as well as everybody around me.  That does not mean I don't have boundaries. In some of my relationships I have found that the healthiest way is to have a surface relationship.  I don't love them any less.  I just choose to love them where they are and not push my expectations of who they should be on them.  That is just my opinion and I have learned that not everybody wants to know my opinion. 
Today I choose love.  Today, life is fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment