Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An Overflowing Heart (And a She Speaks Scholorship)

I am teaching a Bible Study on Tuesday mornings.  I am writing it weakly and living it at the same time.  The title - "Journey of Faith".  I feel stretched far beyond my comfort zone, but at the same time, feel such overflowing peace and joy as I write in obedience to God's call on my life. 
Yesterday's lesson was on how patience and faith go together.  We focussed our attention on 1Thessalonians 5:12-18. Verse 16 says, "Be joyful always."  One young mom shared how hard that has been as a single mom pulled in so many directions.  I can relate a bit with that.  It feels hard to have joy sometimes in the midst of a trial.  So what do you do?  How do you combat a joyless life when God is calling you to be joyful always?  I suggested to the ladies to keep a gratitude journal.  This has helped me in my faith journey to be joyful about the smallest of things.  Like finding my keys.  Like watching my granddaughter look at ants in fascination.  Like hearing the birds sing in the middle of the night. (Ok, so that is another whole story for another time.)
Let God show you today how to have an overflowing heart of joy always.

She Speaks Conference is about women connecting the hearts of women to the heart of our Father God and that your heart is to serve Him and His daughters, as He leads.

I am linking this post to two others today - Ann's (where a scholarship is being offered) and the She Speaks Conference website. It is a conference about "women connecting the hearts of women to the heart of our Father God".  I am passionate about bringing Women closer to God.  This is anothe way to live my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment