Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Legacy

I love watching my daughters in action.  They both have good hearts. We were in McKinney recently visiting our oldest daughter Amy and her husband Trey and our precious granddaughter Lauren.  We had our other precious granddaughter Avril with us.  We were at the park and my daughter met a young woman with a toddler.  She made an instant connection and invited her to another child activity the next day.  This young women was new to the area and needed a little encouragement.
My heart was happy as I watched my daughter reach out to others. I started thinking about the strong women in my life and I remember my grandmothers reaching out to others, and my mom reaching out to others, helping when somebody needs a helping hand.
I have always been a people person and as I grew in my Faith walk I wanted to teach my children the same.  I taught them to look for the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
My daughter Melissa does that also. She reaches out to others with words of encouragement and acts of kindness.  Both of my girls call with prayer requests for their friends.
 Sometimes when your children grow up they don't always want to be like you.  I remember the day I realized I was like my mom.  And now I treasure the Legacy of being like my mom, and watching my girls grow into godly women. 
I treasure the opportunity to watch them encourage their daughters to have a good heart like them.

1 comment:

  1. What a joy to watch your daughters reach out to others in Jesus' Name.
    My children are still young-ish and I pray God will create hearts in them like what you're describing here!

    ReplyDelete