Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inspiration

As I sit here looking at all the trees in full bloom (and my white car yellowed with pollen) I ponder all the ways God inspires me in ways that amaze me and through people who live their lives with love and joy.
  I have had a very interesting week.  I have begun caring for a sweet couple.  He is 86 and she is 80. She just got home from an extended stay at the hospital, so I am there for her.  He is very independent.  The second day I was there I was in tears as he told me they have been married for 60 years.  I watch him love her and try to care for her and my heart overflows with joy.  He got in her hospital bed and took a nap with her and asked me to take a picture.  I hope to share it with you soon.  I want his permission first.  Their love for each other is very evident and inspires me to be a better person.  They inspire me to love my husband more.  They inspire me to love my children and grandchildren more.
Their love and joy in the face of medical problems inspires me to love God more.
What inspires you today?

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of Doc.
    This gives me hope.
    I love you aunt Lisa.
    (That pollen is killing my car as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday I am inspired by the memory of Ken's parents. Ken's mother, Billie was a paraplegic for 30+ years. Ken's father EJ was a man dedicated to God, his Wife and family. Today I am so fortunate that my husband was taught and inspired by such a great love. They celebrated the 50th wedding anniversary before she passed away of Cancer. Thank you God

    ReplyDelete