Monday, June 20, 2011

No More Complaints



          “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.”  Philippians 4:11

          I am daily learning an important visual lesson about complaining.  After reading a book recently, my friend and I decided to take a challenge of no complaining for 21 days.  We have a bracelet that says “Gripes Be Gone” and every time we complain we have to switch it to the other arm.  You might think it is easy, but really, not so much. 
          Paul really learned to be content in any circumstance he was in, and he was in quite a few trials.  He did not need a daily visual reminder, but I am thankful for it, because while I am usually a positive person overall, I have been more aware of the little things I complain about that really should not be part of my speech. 
          I am thankful that God prompts us to learn these daily lessons and work on how we relate to Him as well as others around us. 
          Today, listen to your words as you speak them.  Are they honoring or complaining?  Be content no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment